Research In Motion (RIM) today announced the launch of the BlackBerry Style 9670 smartphone for CDMA customers in India. The elegant new smartphone comes in a compact flip design with dual high-resolution displays and a full-QWERTY keyboard.
It also features the powerful new BlackBerry 6 operating system.
The new BlackBerry Style is available immediately and distribution of the smartphone is being managed by Brightpoint India, RIM’s national retail distribution partner for CDMA-enabled BlackBerry smartphones. The BlackBerry Style expands RIM's CDMA product line in India, bringing the unique BlackBerry smartphone experience to consumers in an all new flip design.
“The CDMA segment represents a significant portion of the overall mobile subscriber base in India and we are pleased to further our commitment to Indian consumers with the introduction of this powerful and stylish BlackBerry smartphone,” said Frenny Bawa, Managing Director, India, Research In Motion. “The BlackBerry Style is a new and exciting choice for customers, offering an attractive flip design and an intuitive user experience powered by the new BlackBerry 6 operating system.”
The BlackBerry Style smartphone comes with an optical trackpad for fluid navigation and boasts two large displays, an external screen for quickly viewing notifications and messages and a high-resolution internal screen that makes Web browsing and watching videos a pleasure. The smartphone features a full-QWERTY BlackBerry keyboard that makes email, messaging and real-time chats with BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) incredibly easy. It also comes with many advanced features, including a 5MP camera with flash and support for video recording, built-in GPS for location-based apps and geo-tagging, Wi-Fi for faster connectivity and extended data coverage, and an expandable memory slot for up to 32GB of additional storage.
The new BlackBerry 6 operating system retains the familiar and trusted features of the BlackBerry brand, while delivering a fresh, approachable and engaging experience that is powerful and easy to use. In addition to preinstalled applications for accessing YouTube, BBM, Facebook, Twitter and MySpace, the BlackBerry Style offers enhanced multimedia capabilities, including a redesigned media application for a richer experience with music, pictures and videos. It also features a new WebKit-based browser that renders HTML Web pages quickly and beautifully for a great browsing experience.
BlackBerry Style 9670 Features:
- Full-QWERTY keyboard and two high resolution displays
- Support for 3G networks
- BlackBerry 6
- Powerful new Web-Kit browser
- Enhanced media player for music, pictures and videos
- 5 MP camera with autofocus, video recording, scene modes and geotagging
- Built-in GPS and Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n)
BlackBerry Style 9670 Specifications:
- Approximately 3.8” x 2.4” x 0.7” (closed)
- Approximately 4.6 oz.
- 512MB Flash memory, plus an 8GB microSD/SDHC memory card included (slot supports up to 32GB memory cards)
- Internal display measuring 2.7” diagonal (360 x 400); external display measuring 2” diagonal (240x320)
- Audio formats supported: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, FLAC, OGG
- Video formats supported: MPEG4, H.263, MPEG4 Simple Profile H.264, WMV
- Talk Time: ~4.5 hrs and Standby Time: ~ 10.5 days
- Network support: Dual Band CDMA/EVDO Rev A: CDMA 800; CDMA 1900
- Operating System: BlackBerry 6